When I started this blog 6 weeks ago, there were a few plugins that I wanted to add, but was having trouble doing so. Plugins are typically simple to install, but some just don’t work without a little extra behind the scenes work.
Instead of spending a bunch of time trying to figure out how to do this myself, I contracted Jonathan to do some tweaks for me and I could not be happier!
Jonathan is positively one of the most wonderful people I have ever worked with. He has wonderful ideas, has a keen understanding of blogging and social media, and truly takes pride in the work that he does.
*Note: The links in this post have been updated since it’s original publication to direct you with updated version of plugins that accomplish the same or similar functions.
Last week Jonathan installed:
- Most Popular Posts Plugin
- Top Commenters Plugin
- The Related Entries Plugin
- Nested Comments Plugin
- The DiggIt Plugin
- The RunPHP plugin: Allows you to put PHP code in posts
- The Run Exec Plugin: Allows you to put PHP code into the widget rather than only HTML
- A Contact form
- An Archives Page
- The Sociables plugin
- Subscribe to Comments plugin
- The “What Would Seth Godin Do” Plugin that offers a welcome message to new readers
- Lightbox plugin
- Added a “subscribe to my rss feed” section at the bottom of each post
- Worked with my MyBlogLog widget to make it flow better with the page
- Tweaked my Feedburner account to accept email subscribers
I saw measurable results right away. More readers are clicking more article titles thanks to the most popular posts plugin and the related posts plugin. My subscribers also jumped from 144 to 316 in 6 days.
I did have an article featured on Dr. Mercola’s very wonderful website which generated 9,255 page views in one day, but I assume that Jonathan’s plugins that encourage subscribers had a great deal to do with doubling the subscription rate.
I also want to thank all of you who have subscribed during the 1 month and 11 days that this blog has been live. I am so thrilled to have readers and absolutely love reading comments from everyone. So if you are looking to add some things to your blog that will improve your readership and pageviews, I would highly recommend Jonathan for this! You can contact him here. Not only will you meet a great person, but someone who is truly interested in helping you achieve the goals you have for your blog.
Read the original comments discussion here (26 comments)